App store optimization (ASO) is the process of improving the visibility of a mobile app (such as an iPhone, iPad, Android, or Windows Phone app) in an app store & important for Mobile Marketing. App store optimization is closely related to search engine optimization. Specifically, app store optimization includes the process of ranking highly in an app store's search results and top charts rankings. ASO marketers agree that ranking higher in search results and top charts rankings will drive more downloads for an app.
An "easy" keyword results in fewer than 25 apps trying to rank for that keyword. "Medium" keywords are those that are included in 25-100 apps, and "competitive" keywords are those in 100+ apps.
Goals:-Being found better by users in the app stores, due to the fact that App Store Search is the No. 1 source for people to discover new applications.
Rank higher compared to competitors
Rank higher compared to competitors
Rank higher in Google´s semantic search for applications
- Increase downloads by finding your Audience App Store Optimization has become the new standard for mobile app marketing or known as Mobile Marketing. At ReInvent Systems, we've pioneered the science behind app store optimization and mobile app marketing. Thousands of our partners have experienced the difference that ReInvent Systems's App Store Optimization services can make in delivering organic downloads and traffic.
- Improve Conversions with Accurate Data We understand how important having the correct mobile data is for successful App Store Optimization. We've spent the past four years gathering proprietary data to understand how users search inside the App Store and also what they search for. ReInvent Systems has optimized thousands of apps to validate our data points and prove our methodology. We are here to guide your apps to maximum visibility and maximum downloads.
- Additional Resources to Improve Conversion We also have what you can't get with technology alone - real user feedback to optimize your screenshots, icon, title and description. Our community of users can be utilized to provide feedback on your app as well as gather the data you need to understand what isn't performing. Make sure you have what it takes increase conversions and downloads once your visible!
- Iphone & Android app stores The whole wide world has to move through 2 doors, and 2 doors alone. The entire mobile ecosystem depends on 2 platforms and the portals to these platforms. Yes, we are talking about the “Goolge Play Store” and the “iTunes” for Android and iOS respectively. The other platforms are too small or too insignificant to be targeted in Mobile Marketing. We provide continuing Mobile Marketing services for our clients, for taking their app onto play store and itunes and then optimize their presence on these app stores.
- Difference between SEO and ASO In SEO the ultimate objective is to get traffic where in ASO the fun starts after the user lands on the app page on the app stores, to ensure downloads by relevant users. Like our SEO services, our ASO also is focused on purely white hat practices. We believe in and practice long term, ethical App Store Optimization practices, than short term gains.
Total # of Downloads – Your number of downloads are extremely important to ASO, but you don't have complete control over them.
Ratings and Reviews – Also important and difficult to control. However, there are ways to incentivize happy users to rate and review.
ASO is a process that needs to be monitored and constantly tweaked over a period of time. Your optimal set of keywords rarely is the set that you first opt to put in the app store.
- App Title: The foundation of any optimization is the title tag. This is very similar to a website's title tag. Make sure it is descriptive and clearly explains what the app does. Due to android being used by many brands and different screen sizes, it's hard to tell how many characters are optimal. The best strategy is to keep the app title as short as possible, so that searchers can read it in its entirety. Nothing kills user experience more than a lengthy title that gets truncated because it's too long.
- App Description: Very similar to the Meta Description tag on a website. Clearly and effectively explain what the app is, what it does, and its benefits. Again, since there is no actual website, this content will be your primary leveraging mechanism to market your app. Hire a professional copy writer if you must. There is a 4000 character limit on descriptions – use it wisely.
- App Icon: believe it or not, the actual icon of the app does make a difference. Look at all the large, popular brands (Facebook, Twitter). They all have one thing in common – an iconic logo/brand. Make sure your icon or logo clearly and creatively expresses your app.
- App Type: Google divides apps into two main "types." They are "applications" and "games." Mark your app appropriately.
- App Screenshot: Everyone likes to see what an app/software or game looks like. Humans are visual creatures, so use this to your advantage and display some eye-catching screen shots of your app in action.
- Category: Properly define your product by a specific category. If your app has multiple categories, try to pick the most appropriate one.
- App YouTube Demo: This is a relatively new feature in the Play Store which allows you to upload a YouTube video of your app in action. Use this as other sales pitch and highlight all the best parts of your app.
- Leverage Google Plus: All apps have a Google Plus plug-in. The more pluses your app gets, the more visible it will be in the Play Store and maybe even get bumped to the front page carousel.
- Overall App Ratings: This is an important factor for ASO. Not only from an ASO perspective, but also from a conversion perspective. If we see that 1200 people gave 5 out of 5 stars, we assume it must be a great app. Ratings are also a direct reflection of your app's performance – a great app will get great ratings. Keep in mind, front page placement seems to rely on a combination of reviews, ratings, downloads, and Google pluses.
- App Reviews: just like ratings, reviews will certainly help in conversions. You want as many app users to leave genuine reviews of your app. The more favorable reviews your app receives, the higher the conversion rate. Also, make sure you pay attention to what people say! You should use app reviews as a feedback to continuously improve your app.
- Total App Downloads: This certainly affects searcher psyche. The more downloads your app has, the higher the chances someone else will download the app as well.
- Link Building: Welcome back to the world of link building! Because this is a Google product, The Google Play Store has access to Google's search indexes. This means links from popular and authoritative websites will certainly help.
Proposed 3-month ASO Roadmap
Activities Listed above are for 3 months and the same will be repeated for further in next months as well; but we would be using fresh stuffs every time while repeating these activities.
Activities and their quantities may vary as per the progress and requirement. We also offer targeted social media strategies. Our team of experts help you attract new visitors while increasing and sustaining user interest; all of which translates to more downloads.